One Trust, One Vision
A successful modern football club sits at the heart of its community representing the town and its people at the game of football across the country. It is a source of pride to the town through the engagement it does and the talent it develops from within the community. Most importantly, it provides a place and a purpose for people to come together and be as one, irrespective of gender, race, disability, religion, sexuality or income.
The company established to run and operate the club should ideally have at its heart these basic principles. It should operate the club at the highest sustainable level; it should engage as fully as possible with the club’s supporters and the community to help maximise the potential of the club; and it should be a great ambassador for the club whilst understanding and respecting the community in which it plays, its history and its values.
Morecambe Football Club has done all this for nearly a century for the town of Morecambe and the club has, for the most part, been run by a company that has sought to uphold the same values and aims.
The Trust’s role is to protect and uphold these values and undertake such work as to support the club and the company to deliver on them.
The Shrimps Trust – Our Vision
To help, maintain and support the presence of an outstanding, sustainable and modern professional football club in the town of Morecambe by being the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of the club who, through its actions, strengthen the bonds between the club, the fans and the communities it serves.
We will fulfil the Vision by:
- Selflessly representing the interests and needs of all Shrimps Trust members and the wider fan base.
- Strengthening the links between the company, the club, its supporters, the community and local businesses through responsible and constructive engagement.
- By maintaining an honest, positive and respectful dialogue with the owners and directors of the company and the staff of Morecambe Football Club, and supporting the aims and objectives of the company where, in the opinion of the Trustees and its members, these are not in direct conflict with the needs and best interests of supporters.
- Raising funds to help maximise the supporter experience and preserve the vision of Morecambe Football Club.
- Encouraging the company to provide value for money services and improve service standards for its customers.
- Communicating clearly, simply and effectively with all members and keeping them and all supporters informed of the Trust’s activities. As well as representing the interests of supporters in the media and wider community.
- Looking to the future but not forgetting our past by celebrating our proud heritage.
- Supporting the JB Christie Trust in its important role in preserving the future of Morecambe Football Club.
- Operating democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility and encouraging the Club to do the same.
- Actively promoting the potential of Morecambe Football Club as broadly as possible so that it attracts the very best people – to run the club or the company – or play for the team.
- Being a positive, inclusive and representative organisation, open and accessible to all supporters of the Club regardless of their age, income, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality or religious or moral belief and that they shall not be disadvantaged by the Trust or club.
- Seeking and maintaining friendly relationships with supporters of other football clubs through contributing, learning and engaging with the national organisations of fans and other Supporters Trusts.
- Showing our commitment to the Trust movement and aiming to be a leading positive example of the Trust model.
- Not seeking confrontation but being challenging where required.
- Nurturing talent and working as a team to deliver our objectives.
- Ensuring sound financial and professional governance of the Trust.
- Investing in the Shrimps Trust and increasing and retaining its membership.
- Encouraging members to stand for election to our board of Trustees.